Structural components of both
Expanded Polystyrene foam board, also known as foam board and EPS board, is a white object heated and molded by heating polystyrene beads containing volatile liquid foaming agents after heating.
Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Board(KT board) is a new type of material formed by foaming chemical particles into board core and laminating on the surface. The main component also contains polystyrene. Common production processes can be divided into cold lamination and hot lamination. The products produced by these two different processes are called cold laminated board and hot laminated board. The popular colors of KT board core are white and black. In fact, they also have red, blue, yellow, green, and other colors.
Advantages of both
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS）foam board
The Expanded polystyrene (EPS）foam board has the advantages of low density, high recovery rate, and independent bubble structure. Secondly, the surface water absorption is low, and the anti-permeability is good. And acid, alkali, salt, oil, and other organic solvent corrosion resistance, excellent aging resistance. Furthermore, it does not flow at high temperatures and does not crack at low temperatures.
1. Protect the main structure of the building and extend the service life of the building. External insulation is to place the insulation layer outside the structure, which reduces the stress caused by structural deformation caused by temperature change, and reduces the corrosion of harmful substances in the air and ultraviolet rays to the structure.
2. Effectively eliminate the “thermal bridge.” In the past, internal insulation was used, “thermal bridge” was difficult to avoid, while external insulation effectively prevented the generation of thermal bridge and condensation.
3. The moisture temperature of the wall can be improved. Generally, the steam insulation layer is required for the internal insulation, while the temperature permeability of the external insulation material is much stronger than that of the main structure. Generally, condensation will not occur inside the wall. The temperature of the whole wall body of the structural layer is increased, which further enhances the thermal insulation performance of the wall.
4. It is conducive to the stability of room temperature. The external wall external insulation is adopted. Because the structural layer with large heat storage capacity of the wall is inside the wall, it is conducive to the stability of room temperature.
5. Increase the use area of the house. It can avoid the damage of secondary decoration to the insulation layer.
- Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Board /(KT board)
1. The bubbling of hot laminated foam board is mainly caused by short ripening periods and too thin laminate film. The bubbling of cold laminated foam board is usually caused by poor gluing or too long direct sunlight exposure during production.
2. Price comparison: the low price of hot laminated foam board is mainly due to the short production period, less material, and large production capacity, while the cold laminated foam board is just the opposite.
3. There are many kinds of surfaces on KT board, such as PS surface, paper surface, and back glue surface.
4. KT boards are mostly used in indoor advertising. The general requirement for boards is to ensure no blistering and deformation.
Application fields of both
Expanded polystyrene (EPS）foam board is mainly used for building walls, roof insulation, composite board insulation, cold storage, air conditioning, vehicle, ship insulation, floor heating, decoration, and carving.
Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Board (KT board)
is mainly used in the advertising industry, logo industry, architectural decoration industry, culture, art and packaging industry, printing industry, and cosplay props.
Although Expanded polystyrene (EPS）foam board and Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Board (KT board) are made of expandable polystyrene beads, they also have different structures due to different processes. Before use, we must understand the difference between the two to avoid confusion.
The Skyline Composites Blog Center.