Selecting the correct foam core based substrate for your projects is the beginning of the whole work.
Dozens of factors can impact your material selection, and we have listed several of the basic items to consider when making your choice. When selecting a substrate, We should consider the following key factors :
Where will your signs be installed? Foam core board products, for the most part, are intended for indoor signage, including:
- Commercial & Retail Store Signage
- Interior ADA Signage
- Routed Lettering and Logos for Indoor Signage
- Interior POP Signs & Displays
How long will the signage need to last? Durability generally has a direct relationship to cost. Clients tend to steer towards the most cost-effective solution for the projects while ensuring the durability of the signage for the established time it will be implemented.
What material do you use to print? Are your print resources digital, screen printing, painting? Your method of application and print results are directly influenced by the type of foam core sheet you select. For the most part, your selection will be based upon the features of the facer or liner surrounding the foam core. Facers consist of various materials, each with their unique qualities for the type of application you desire.
Foam Core Board Composition
Foam core boards primarily consist of two parts:
- Foam Core Board Sheet– the foam core is made of extruded polystyrene and is available in various thicknesses. Primarily available in black and white.
- Facer or Liner Sheet– foam core board facers or liners consist of a variety of materials depending upon the type of application and printing method.
Skylines Composites provides a wide array of foam board styles to meet different demands for your every project. Give us a call today then we can provide the best product solution.